Create and edit a List View of record data using filters to return the desired data.
In this example, we create a new List View that returns contacts in the state of Colorado.
Steps for Creating a List View
- In the top ribbon, click the ‘Contacts’ tab.
- Navigate to the gear icon in the top right of the contacts page, this opens up “List View Controls”
- Click ‘New’.
- Enter a name for the new list view as well as which users can see this new list view.
- The new list view will be created. You then have the option to change filters, add charts, how the listview displays, sharing settings, and fields displayed in the list view in the top right area of the contacts page.
- List View Display
- Sharing settings, filters, and selected fields are found under List View Controls
Steps for Editing a List View
- If you would like to edit an existing list view, select the list view from the drop-down under ‘Contacts’.
- Follow the steps above to locate filters, charts, list view display, sharing settings, and selected fields to make the changes wanted.
Find List Views in Lightning
Note: In List Views, you only see data that you have access to. This includes the fields that are visible to your page layout and field-level security.
- Select a list view from the dropdown menu.
- Pin a list view to set it as your default list view.
- Create records directly from a list view.
- Find a specific list view faster by searching for it.
- Search a list view for the data you need.
- Create, edit, or delete list views with List View Controls.
- Visualize list view data using charts.
- Quickly modify a view’s filters, and refine which records are displayed.
- Wrap the text in a column to see more information.
- Edit fields directly from a list view.
- Edit or delete specific records.