ShareSecure for Salesforce requires a unique, self-generated API key for each Admin user. The ShareSecure API key is the token that will connect AIM to the correct ShareSecure portal. To retrieve the API key you’ll need to generate it manually with the click of a button as detailed in the steps below.
- Login to ShareSecure.
- Click on your username in the top right-hand corner. Select “My Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Security Settings’
4. Scroll down to the ‘API Key’ section and click on the link’ Regenerate Key’.
5. You’ll receive an email with the newly generated API key. Copy this API key you just generated so you can paste it into AIM. Make sure to copy the entire key. You’ll then log in to Salesforce and navigate to your Salesforce User page by simply searching for your name in the Global Search Bar and opening your User record. In the example below we’re opening Jeff Ijjas’ User record.
6. Lastly, you’ll paste the ShareSecure API Key where it says, “Enter new API Key” as shown below.
7. Press “Save”