How to Create Reports and Charts
Generate a new report and/or create a chart using the data in your Salesforce org. In this example, we create a report on Entities with Investors.
How to Create a Report
- In AIM, click the ‘Reports’ tab in the top ribbon.
- Once on Reports click ‘New Report’.
- Choose the Report Type that will best fit your needs. Click ‘Continue’ at the bottom right of the page. In this example we are choosing ‘Entities with Investors’.
- Now is where the fun happens – you get to customize your report! Perform the following steps to customize and generate a report, which will be on the number of investors by state.
- Select the Filters tab, start typing in the field that you would like to filter by. In this example, ‘Account Country’ equals ‘USA’.
- Select ‘Show Me’ and change to ‘All Entities’
- Select ‘Entity: Created Date’ and change to ‘All Time’
- Head to the ‘Outline’ tab in the report builder, and add a new column by typing in ‘Account State’
- To group by this newly added column, head to the column in the report builder and click the caret next to the column name. Select ‘Group Rows by This Field’
How to Create a Chart on a Report
- Select the report that you would like to create a chart on in the ‘Reports’ tab.
- Click the ‘Toggle Chart’ icon.
- A chart will automatically be generated based on the set up of the report.
- If you would like to make changes to this automatically generated chart, select the gear icon in the chart area.
- A drop-down will appear that will give you the option to make edits to the chart that was created.
- Make sure to ‘SAVE’ the report once you have added a chart.