How to Export Data from AIM/Salesforce (Weekly or Monthly)
The goal of this article is to educate Salesforce Admins on how to run an ongoing export of data from AIM.
Problem: Admin users may want another way of receiving automated exported backup data from Salesforce instead of the manual process involving exporting data from a Salesforce report.
Solution: Admins can schedule time-based export of their data. The profile for the admin will need to have the ‘Weekly Data Export’ permission checked to enable them to complete the process below.
- As shown above, click on the gear icon in the top right-hand corner and select ‘Setup.’
- This will bring you to the Setup Home.
- From Setup, enter “Data Export” in the Quick Find box pictured above.
- This will bring you to the Data Export Setup.
- Select the “Schedule Export” option.
- This will take you to all of the options for your desired scheduled export.
- Choose the desired frequency.
- Choose whether you want extra items like Documents, attachments, and chatter.
- Select a day. We recommend a start time early in the morning, so it will be unlikely for anyone to be logged in.
- Choose an End Date as far out as it will allow.
- Should be checked, but verify that “All data” is checked.
**Note: You may also want to check the box for “Include images, documents, and attachments” near the top of the screen. This will greatly increase the download size, but you will have your documents included in the export data. The user that sets up the export will receive an email with a link to the files. Please download the file to a secure location as needed. Salesforce does not keep the file.
Please note you can only generate these exports manually once every 7 days (for weekly export) or once every 29 days (for monthly export). The zip file(s) are deleted 48 hours after the export is complete.