How to create a Report to Display a History of Changes Made to Records
- On the “Reports” tab, click “New Report”
- Choose the correct history report type you need based on the object that fields live on. (Ex. The “Account Address” field lives on the Account object hence the need to choose the “Account History” report type.)
- Change your filters as necessary to show you all records.
- Arrange the columns as you wish. A few key fields/columns to include:
- A = Who edited the field
- B = Which field was edited
- C = The value before it was changed
- D = The value after it was changed
- E = When it was edited
Add a filter to your report if you’d like to narrow down the history of changes. Adding the name of the specific field you’re interested in, using the filter “Field/Event”, will show you solely the changes made to that field.
NOTE: The history of changes can also be seen by viewing the object’s ‘History’ related list.